The Board has adopted the initial study and the Mitigated Negative Declaration. The public comment period has been completed. The CEQA (California Environmental Quality Act) requirements have been met.
Project Title: Scotts Valley Middle School Modernization
Project Location: The approximately 8.5-acre-acre project site is located at 8 Bean Creek Road, Scotts Valley, CA 95066, at the northern corner of the intersection of Scotts Valley Drive and Bean Creek Road.
Project Description: The Scotts Valley Unified School District proposes a partial reconstruction and modernization of the Scotts Valley Middle School campus including:
- Demolition and removal of the existing gymnasium, snack shack, portable classrooms on the lower campus, two maintenance buildings, and two existing free standing classrooms;
- Construction of a new library, gymnasium, and kitchen facilities;
- Interior renovations of the existing multi-purpose building and three classroom buildings;
- Installation of pre-fabricated administration and classroom buildings supporting 12 classrooms;
- Resurfacing and restriping of the driveway and main parking lot;
- Replacement of the majority of the existing on-site sanitary sewer, storm drain, and fire and domestic water systems; and
- Replacement of landscaping, including planting native species and required Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) improvements for access.
Upon completion of the project there would be a total of 24 classrooms. The proposed project would not increase student enrollment beyond the current 620 students; however, the overall proposed school design would have capacity for 650 students. Construction of the project would occur in phases over an approximately two year period.